A Founders’ Stock sale can have serious and far reaching implications on the pricing of stock options due to 409A provisions. While the extent of t
WE TELL YOUR VALUATION STORY
LIKE NO OTHER
The Valuation Firm With Global Scale & Capabilities
Aranca's strong valuation expertise coupled with comprehensive research capabilities in market intelligence and intellectual property enabled us to draw deep industry and technology insights in our valuation opinions
150+ Fortune 500 companies leverage our market intelligence practice for multiple strategic priorities
90+ countries covered as part of projects delivered
500+ global clients including law firms and innovation driven organizations
40+ team of IP experts
250+ technology domains researched by our analysts
Proven Track Record
Thousands of clients – from start-ups to established global companies, across wide spectrum of industries turn to Aranca for valuation services across complex issues
Our foundation is built upon the commitment and credentials of our senior professionals who include Chartered Financial Analysts, ASA certified valuation experts – all with over 10 years of diverse financial advisory experience
We have earned the confidence of companies, investors, attorneys and auditors with our result driven approach and well-documented reports that have consistently stood up to the highest standards of scrutiny
We strongly believe in simplifying our client’s life by proactively identifying core issues, communicating early and clearly and personal attention to each engagement
Our diverse solutions portfolio help clients meet their ever-growing reporting needs and provide in-depth analysis in dealing with valuation issues during transaction process.
Looking for valuation reports which will withstand scrutiny from tax authorities? You can trust Aranca’s valuation experts.
Valuation has always been a crucial element of complex and ever-changing tax regulations.
For over a decade, Aranca has emerged as a trusted advisor helping companies and business owners with tax valuations & advisory services encompassing range of compliance, planning, dispute and transaction related issues.
Hundreds of clients have trusted Aranca’s valuation group to enhance the credibility of their financial reporting.
Companies need an independent valuation firm that is able to apply its financial expertise and knowledge of accounting standards to complex valuation situations, proactively interact with auditors to address their questions, thereby freeing precious time to focus on what they do best.
Aranca has developed a strong reputation to produce valuation reports that can withstand in audit review or SEC scrutiny so that our clients can meet their reporting responsibilities with growing confidence.
Our insightful and objective advice empowers our clients to take sound decisions in complex transactions
Whatever be our clients’ objectives – get an unbiased opinion to meet their fiduciary duties or ‘sharpen their sword’ while selling or buying a business, our insightful valuation opinions help clients focus on core priorities of the deal.
Our transaction valuation services
Clients choose Aranca for diverse IP valuation needs because of our unparalleled blend of strong IP research, market research and valuation capabilities.
Several factors impact the value of IP assets in a given situation – legal, technological, market, strategic and financial. We ask the right questions questions and conduct in-depth research to thoroughly assess the IP portfolio and the market dynamics.
The ability of our teams – IP experts, market research and valuation specialists, to collaborate with clients’ in-house technology/product and corporate strategy/finance teams is core to our valuation approach.
- Consumer Tech
- Enterprise Applications and Infrastructure
- Alternate Energy
- Traditional Industries
- Software services
- Advanced materials and nanotechnology
- Fin-tech and crowdfunding
- Internet of Things and wearables
- 25 year old India based IT services company being acquired by a Private Equity firm
- Niche software services firm in financial services, retail and life sciences domain
- Cloud transformation and application management firm with offices in US and APAC
- Performance support software services company
- Optical fiber communication equipment company in pre-IPO stage
- Publicly listed fabless semiconductor company specializing in advanced video processing technologies
- Acquisition of wafer-level packaging application technology provider by a Japanese semiconductor company
- $35+ million funded fabless semiconductor company developing ultra-low-power mixed-signal ICs for wireless electronics
- $115 million funded company developing thin film PV technologies using nano-material technologies
- Advanced materials company developing advanced nano-electronic materials to manufacture semiconductors
- $75 million funded pre-revenue stage company developing conformal electronics devices with application in wearable technology
- Company engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, and distribution of nano-structured steel alloys
- Rewards based crowd funding services company with Series C funding
- P2P lending platform based in China, counted among the unicorns
- Series D funded online payments and fraud prevention company which serves the e-commerce platforms, online marketplaces and crowd-funding websites
- Series E funded online broker, listed in CNBC top 50 disrupters in 2014
- Company specializing in cognitive computing and building platform for the Internet of things (IoT) market
- Developer of mini wireless sensors specializing in mobile and wireless sports performance technology
- Virtual reality (VR) based company raised more than $35 million in two rounds of funding
- Mobile app providing intelligent personal awareness everywhere
- Pharmaceuticals and CROs
- Medical devices and implants
- Healthcare diagnostics
- Biotechnology / Bio-medicine
- Healthcare IT
- Nasdaq-listed clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company with focus on treatment of cancer through novel small molecule drug candidates
- Biotechnology and pharmaceutical company, having raised over $20 million in grant funding from institutions such as the National Institutes of Health, US Department of Defence, and others
- Series A-company providing product authentication and brand protection solutions using customized and proprietary nanotechnology solutions using spectrally coded silica microtags
- Series C clinical-stage company, having raised over $30 million in preferred funding, focused on cryo-ablation delivery technologies
- Company focused on the development of a novel helical stent technology to provide a wide range of vascular therapies
- Medical device company in the design and distribution of interventional medical devices
- Series C, clinical-stage ophthalmology company, having raised around $34 million in preferred funding, proving intraocular lens for microincision surgery and an implantable device for glaucoma
- Nasdaq-listed genetic testing company providing non-invasive methods for analyzing DNA
- Series C, expansion-stage company providing a proprietary and proven sleep apnea care management platform
- Company in personalized medicine, providing Pharmacogenetic Testing and Advanced Toxicology
- Biotech company that develops prescription eye drops for the treatment of age-related vision loss in people suffering from early cataracts
- Biotech company acquired by Roche, focused on development of therapeutic for improving daily life of persons suffering with diabetes and obesity
- Clinical-stage company having developed & patented a synthetic biopolymer cornea to treat corneal blindness eyeing an IPO
- Company providing functional ingredients to various industries such as human and animal nutrition & health and agriculture
- A Series A company operating in the consumer-directed benefits market, providing health account administration services in the US and generating revenue of -$30 million.
- Cloud-based billing and business management software solutions company ranked among the fastest-growing private companies in the US by Inc. 5000, catering to the post-acute care industry and generating over $100 million of revenue.
- A company which hosts and supports Practice Management, Electronic Medical Records and Enterprise Electronic Health Record solutions for healthcare practitioners on its own site evaluating two acquisition targets.
- E-Commerce and Online marketplaces
- Sharing economy and Rentals
- Social media
- Online gaming and education
- Education technology (Edutech)
- Series D funded online gift card marketplace company with over $1 billion valuation and counted among the unicorns
- Company providing e-commerce software solutions and shopping cart software for online businesses
- $113 million funded company that provides online portal for lead generation for US senior housing and care facilities
- US online transportation marketplace for freight and vehicle shipping industry with more than 2 million registered users and listed in Inc500 fastest growing companies
- Middle-east based company providing real time location based transit information and navigation services for cities across the globe
- Series E funded company focused on providing education services to over 2 million students spread across hundreds of campuses with the help of its course materials management technology
- $40+ million funded company providing peer to peer car rental service for vehicle owners parking at airport
- Publicly listed textbook rental services provider with brand partnerships with many Fortune 500 companies
- California based leading photo sharing website with over $1.3 bn in funding.
- 6 year old early stage company which provides cloud-based innovation software platform with over 4 million members and 25,000 communities including some of fortune 500 in its clientele
- Social media benchmarking company that works with brands and marketing agencies primarily in North America.
- Niche mobile application provider for creating secret social network
- California based leading online strategy and combat games developer with over $100 million annual revenue and 5 million monthly active users
- 15 year old education services provider with a mission to help improve student graduation rates
- Early stage US based company providing cross platform games for web
- Web based solutions for in-game advertisement which increases user engagement
- 15 year old company providing assessment solutions for schools, high schools and business needs
- Enrollment software provider for educational institutions to help identify and recruit best fit students for organizations
- 6 year old early stage company with over $18 million in funding provides web based application for students to receive job and internship opportunities
- Very early stage company providing social networking platform with a focus on education industry
- Enterprise software
- Big data / data analytics
- Digital marketing, media and ad-tech
- Business Intelligence
- Enterprise collaboration
- Cloud hosting and managed network services
- Late stage 21 year old private company, with more than $100 million of funding from various venture capital investors, providing sales distribution software to insurance and financial services market players in US
- Late stage company with more than $50 million in funding providing workload management software to its list of clientele including fortune 500 clients
- Fast paced US based cross platform connectivity software provider being acquired by a market leader
- Publically listed company with global operations providing a suite of technology solutions to passenger travel industry
- Decision sciences and analytics firm with over $150 million in funding and providing big data analytics and data-driven decision making software
- Early stage fast paced big data management platform provider targeting media and advertisement industry
- 4 year old early stage company, with more than $35 million funding, providing marketing and analytics suite to visual social media platforms
- Company with more than $60 million funding, providing marketing automation software platform for publishers
- Early stage company providing marketing intelligence platform across online and offline channels, acquired by a market leader
- 12 year old US digital marketing company that creates, manages, and operates online media programs for leading retail e-commerce websites
- Late stage India based company, with close to $100 million funding, providing real-time digital technology platform for display, mobile, video, search, and data-related areas
- 18 year old late stage US company providing an integrated business intelligence and performance management software solutions for the enterprise resource planning packages
- 5 year old venture backed company, with close to $25 million in funding, providing customer data platform to assist marketers access customer data effectively and efficiently
- Early stage US based company, with close to $25 million in funding, providing semantic application software
- Pre-IPO stage company providing cloud-based spend management solutions, which has raised more than $150 million and has an operating history of close to 10 years.
- Late-stage company, with more than $175 million funds raised from various VC investors, providing SaaS based human capital management software was being acquired by a market leader.
- Publicly listed cloud based cyber security company with a market capitalization of more than $1 billion based in US and Europe
- 10 year cloud-based collaboration and content management software provider with close to $50 million funding
- Late-stage company, with close to $50 million in funding from various renowned VC investors, operating in enterprise file share and synchronization industry in US
- 4 year old early stage company offering collaborative email services for small to mid-sized corporations
- India based company with more than $30 million of funding providing managed IT hosting services and datacenter provider
- US based mobile application company that connects merchants to consumers in real time via smartphones and tablets, acquired by a market leader
- 21 year old US based managed services provider providing flexible computing infrastructure
- Mobile Payments
- Mobile Advertising/marketing
- Mobile Commerce
- Mobile Communication
- Mobile Gaming
- Mobile Content/publisher
- Mobile App development, dev tools and testing
- Mobile App
- Mobile Health
- $43+ million funded US based software company providing digital banking solutions to the financial services industry
- $15+ million funded, innovative mobile payment solution provider enabling machines to accept mobile payment through a simple mechanism
- An India based mobile payment solutions company that has been awarded as best mobile wallet solution at “The Emerging Payments Awards”
- Over 15 years old mCommerce solutions provider being acquired by a leading global payment processing company
- $72+ million funded, pre-IPO stage global marketing technology provider offering advertising solutions to over 1000 leading brands and publishers
- A disruptive start-up providing solutions for entire app development lifecycle, acquired a by global consumer technology leader
- Early-stage provider of customized and integrated mobile marketing solution for brands, acquired by global e-commerce leader
- Series-A funded, decade-old mobile ad serving company focused on creating unique format solutions for advertisers and publishers
- An emerging mobile marketplace with more than $10+ million of funding with over millions transactions executed till date
- Series-C funded shopping app that allows consumers to find the best deal from local and online retailers
- US based mobile shopping app company that enables brands to engage directly with consumers using rich media and special offers
- Series-A funded start-up offering software solutions that enable easier purchase of products from mobile phones for users and provide savings
- $35+ million funded, provider of advanced mobile service for defense veterans and their families with a mission to connect and improve their lives
- Award winning provider of communication and collaboration platform for enterprises with over $20+ million funding
- Disruptive start-up with $60+ million funding providing web and mobile platform for communication between teachers, students and parents
- Provider of wireless multimedia and connectivity solutions for consumer electronic applications
- 12 year old, $95+ million funded social gaming company providing solutions to the global wireless carriers
- US based developer of cross-platform games for the web and mobile platforms
- Series-A funded mobile gaming company focused on designing and development of mobile application games for kids of various ages
- Technology firm that acts as a digital hub for mobile gaming and enabling users to browse and demo mobile games
- 10 years old US based company engaged in the development and distribution of content for mobile and broadband platforms
- $20 million funded, web and mobile publisher of business information providing competitive intelligence on businessess
- 15 years old, $30 million funded publisher of mobile lifestyle, games and personalization products with worldwide presence
- Over 10 years old provider of mobile application lifecycle services with several leading fortune 500 clients
- 17+ years old niche technology enabled business solutions provider to financial services, hi-technology, life sciences, retail and logistics industries
- US based mobile app developer focused on providing mobile social content curation & collaboration solutions for enterprises
- Series-A funded firm offering comprehensive application management services which enable enterprises to create their own internal app store
- $12+ million funded start-up providing science-based activities and games to empower individuals
- Company providing mobile and wireless sports motion detecting technology to improve the skill levels of sports enthusiasts
- $8+ million funded, US based provider of accurate and instantaneous real time parking information with presence across the globe
- US based company building mobile based products that empower users to create, entertain and express themselves
- Series-A company providing innovative mobile healthcare platform for on-demand health coaching and healthcare marketplace
- Provider of technology-enabled and cost-effective health and wellness services delivered through skilled clinical practitioners
- $61+ million funded company providing mobile interfaced, intelligent and flexible platform for biometric healthcare analytics
- Electric vehicle infrastructure company that offering network of public charging stations and listed in CNBC top 50 disrupters in 2014
- Publicly listed fuel-cell technology company that develops and sells hydrogen fuel cell products worldwide
- Pre-IPO stage company involved in developing natural gas fuel system for heavy vehicles
- Company operating in developing markets providing metered solar energy solution that helps in supplying electricity to rural homes
- Series C mobile payments company, with over $35 million in preferred funding
- Dermatology company, delivering innovative skin therapies, acquired by a leading pharmaceutical company for $500 million
- Company providing microwave photonic products for specific applications in the radar and communications space
- Artificial intelligence company supporting personal and social intelligence through smartphones and robotics
- Automobiles & Auto Parts
- Banking, Financial services and Insurance (BFSI)
- Building Materials & Fixtures
- Infrastructure, Construction & Real Estate
- Media & Entertainment
- Apparel and footwear
- US based developer of digitally controlled and electrically powered air charging systems for gas and diesel internal combustion engines
- Company acquired by Microsoft in 1998 which develops and manufactures long-life modular lithium iron magnesium phosphate energy storage solutions
- Series B stage company with total funding of $6 million developing a wheel system which converts traditional bicycles into ebikes
- 150 year old British banking and financial services company having assets of $42 billion employing more than 28,000 employees across 1,200 branches and outlets in more than 70 countries
- Venture backed provider of real estate appraisal and compliance technology and services with total equity funding of $57 million
- London based financial services organisation with global network of around 7,500 offices serving over 89 million customers in over 87 countries with AUM totalling $2.7 trillion
- Saudi Arabia based construction company with market capitalisation of more than SAR500 million
- Technology company that has developed a proprietary process to convert landfilled coal combustion residues into a valuable building product
- Saudi Arabia based construction company founded in 1960 employing more than 11,000 people and regarded as one of the Fortune 100 companies in Saudi Arabia
- Series B company with funding of $25 million providing online marketplace for interior design, connecting designers with customers
- Real estate investment company having more than 111 owned and managed R&D properties with more than 8 million square feet rentable area
- Competitor of Autodesk with funding of $6 million providing collaborative cloud solution for the design, construction, and operation of buildings
- Middle East based conglomerate with interests in automotive, engineering, financial services, land and real estate, energy and environmental services, consumer products and advertising
- San Francisco based designer of women's plus-size clothing, founded in 2000
- Series A company with funding of $13 million which provides social commerce platform that allows sharing credit card purchases with friends
- Series C company with total funding of $81 million providing real-time messaging system for enterprises in more than 5,000 facilities
- Subsidiary of publicly traded ARC Group Worldwide which designs, manufactures and markets wireless equipment and networking products
- Silicon Valley based provider of wireless infrastructure technology to enhance network coverage where traditional means are not feasible
- Company with funding of more than $31 million providing of home movies transfer service
- Company founded in 2005 with funding of more than $10 million providing entertainment website where users can watch TV shows, movies, interact with other fans and write comments
- Early stage video-on-demand company based in India targeting audience interested in legacy movies
- Company planning to launch a TV channel related to crime, law & punishment in India
- Company with funding of $35 million, acquired by Crypton Fabrics providing nanotechnology-based textile enhancements to more than 80 textile mills
- Beauty tools and solutions company with more than 20 years of experience as private label manufacturer of cosmetic brushes having more than 550 employees
- Provider of nature-based nail lacquers as an alternative to synthetic polishes
Bharat Ramnani, ASA, ACA
Practice Leader – Valuation Advisory Services
Areas of Focus: Business Valuations, IP Valuations, Transaction Advisory
Bharat is the Practice Leader of Valuation Advisory Services at Aranca. Since joining the firm in 2006, he has been instrumental in building and growing the firm’s valuation business. He is currently focused on positioning Aranca’s brand as a pre-eminent global financial advisor to mid-market companies and emerging growth businesses across new age economy sectors including technology, internet and healthcare. Bharat is passionate about building teams of expert professionals to create exceptional client experiences and creating a network of Aranca promoters in the market ecosystem.
His experience of over 13 years encompasses diverse valuation advisory assignments including M&A, IPO, corporate restructurings, complex securities, tax and financial reporting. Before Aranca, Bharat worked with RAK Ceramics in the Middle East where he managed the corporate finance function including debt syndication, treasury and business reviews.
Bharat has authored several articles on valuation issues that are published in reputed journals including TechCrunch, National Venture Capital Associations (NVCA) and Business Valuation Resources. Bharat holds the ASA designation in Business Valuations from the American Society of Appraisers and is a qualified Chartered Accountant (CPA equivalent in India)
Jitendra Pabrekar, CFA
Associate Director – Valuation Advisory Services
Areas of Focus: Business & Complex Securities Valuations, Transaction & Strategic Advisory , Litigation support
Jitendra is a Senior Manager with Valuation and Advisory Services division of Aranca and works from Mumbai office. Jitendra has a decade of experience in transaction and strategic advisory, business valuation and corporate finance.
Jitendra has worked with clients across the globe, primarily in USA, Middle East and Asia pacific. He has worked with the companies of all sizes in traditional sectors as well as new-age economy sectors. Jitendra has worked with many companies since their inception, serving their needs for valuation and financial advisory throughout the journey. He has specialized in dealing with complex financial structures and valuation support for litigation.
Jitendra is responsible for Knowledge Management at the division and like to share his thought on valuation and business strategies on social media. Jitendra holds Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation from CFA institute, USA. He has earned Masters in Management Studies from Mumbai University.
Manish Goyal, CFA, ACA
Associate Director – Valuation Advisory Services
Areas of Focus: Business Valuations, IP Valuations, Transaction Advisory, Project Finance
Manish has over eight years of experience in business and intellectual property valuation, project finance and transaction advisory services across diverse industry sectors, particularly technology and healthcare. Manish has been with Aranca since 2008 and has since then successfully executed and led 700+ independent appraisal engagements involving fundraising, mergers and acquisitions, IP licensing and financial reporting. He has also worked on several fund raising mandates with Aranca’s Investment Banking and Private Equity clients. Manish often writes about startup valuations and his articles have been published on several reputed national and international media platforms including TechCrunch and Firstpost.
Manish currently manages the team focused on intellectual property valuation and deal advisory for middle market investment banks and PE funds. He divides his time between Aranca’s Palo Alto and Mumbai office. Manish brings operational expertise to Aranca’s business development team and assists in managing client and partner relationships on the US West Coast. Before Aranca, Manish worked with S.S. Kothari & Co. (a leading Audit firm in India) where he independently handled audit engagements of listed corporations, due diligence projects, and management consulting engagements.
Manish is a CFA® Charterholder as well as an affiliate member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
Swetabh Pareek, ASA, ACA
Associate Director – Valuation Advisory Services
Areas of Focus: Business Valuations, IP Valuations, Transaction & Strategic Advisory
Swetabh has over 11 years of diverse experience in business valuation, transaction advisory services, and corporate finance across new economy and traditional sectors. Since 2014, Swetabh has served as Senior Manager for Aranca Valuations. Swetabh has led numerous valuations and advisory assignments involving dispute, acquisition, fund raise, merger, reverse merger, divestiture, IPO, complex tax restructuring, financial reporting, etc. Swetabh is an avid media speaker and his articles has appeared in various industry platforms such as National Venture Capital Association.
Most recently, Swetabh worked for Ernst & Young as Associate Vice President in transaction advisory services team, where he managed a diverse range of valuation & advisory assignments and led sales and marketing initiatives for companies valuation services in Technology sector. Prior to that, He worked as a Senior Analyst focusing on leveraged financing & restructuring activities in the US and EMEA markets for a bulge bracket investment bank. He has also worked with Kotak Mahindra (a major India-based BFSI conglomerate) as Manager in credit and marketing function for SME clients, where he began his career.
Swetabh holds the ASA designation in Business Valuations from the American Society of Appraisers. He is a qualified Chartered Accountant (CPA equivalent in India) and has cleared Uniform Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exams from Colorado State Board of Accountancy.
Arun Mantena, CFA, CPVA
Senior Manager – Valuation Advisory Services
Areas of Focus: Business Valuations , IP Valuation and Corporate Finance
Arun has over nine years of professional experience in business valuation, financial modeling, consulting, IP Valuation, corporate finance and transaction advisory services across new age economy and traditional sectors. Since 2010, Arun has served for Aranca’s Valuation & Advisory Services in various capacities and currently serves as Manager since 2015. Arun has led and executed numerous valuations and advisory assignments involving fund raise, litigation, complex securities valuation, M&A, IP valuation, financial feasibility, dissolution, spin-off, IPO, complex tax restructuring, financial reporting, etc. Arun’s primary responsibilities with regard to valuation projects include understanding project specifications, developing solution framework, preparing and reviewing complex financial models and comprehensive appraisal reports, and managing client relationships. Prior to joining Aranca, Arun worked as an agri-business consultant to co-design and develop integrated agroparks in India and around the world. Arun has exposure to the IT sector as well, having worked with leading IT services company Tata Consultancy Services. His Scholastic credentials include MBA, Finance from S.P. Jain School of Global Management, Singapore-Dubai (ranked among the Top 10 in the world: Forbes best international 1 year MBA (2015-16) and Top 100 in the world: The Economist full-time MBA rankings 2015) and Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Communication Engineering from Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal University. Arun is Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) charter holder (cleared all three levels at first attempt) and also holds a Certified Patent Valuation Analyst (CPVA) designation.
Manager – Valuation Advisory Services
Areas of Focus: Transaction Advisory, Business Valuations and Corporate Finance
Ashish has over 6 years of experience in business valuation, transaction advisory services and corporate finance across multiple industry sectors. Ashish joined Aranca in 2015 and has managed several valuation and advisory assignments including financial reporting and M&A analysis.
Most recently, Ashish worked as a Senior Associate in the Transaction Advisory and Services team at Grant Thornton (New York), where he led multiple valuation and corporate finance engagements and was also tasked with client management and business development initiatives. Prior to that, Ashish worked as a Senior Associate at PricewaterhouseCoopers (New York) and was an active member of the Transaction Advisory team assisting on valuation advisory and corporate finance projects.
Ashish holds an MBA from New York’s Stern School of Business and a Baccalaureate degree in Business and Management Information Systems from Pennsylvania State University.
Mayuresh Mukadam, CFA, ACA
Assistant Manager – Valuation Advisory Services
Areas of Focus: Business Valuations, IP Valuations, 409A Valuations, Strategic Advisory
Mayuresh has diverse experience of over 7 years across business and intangible valuations, corporate finance, transaction advisory services, and assurance services. At Aranca, Mayuresh has handled numerous valuation engagements related to gift and estate tax compliance, litigation, intellectual property, IRC 409A regulation, etc. He has also handled advisory engagements related to fund raise and market entry strategy.
Prior to joining Aranca, Mayuresh worked with Price Waterhouse (a PricewaterhouseCoopers network firm) in Mumbai. At Price Waterhouse, he led several assurance, certification and other engagements related to companies primarily operating in the financial services sector including hedge fund administrators, brokerage houses, NBFCs and property funds.
Mayuresh is a CFA® Charterholder as well as an affiliate member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. He has earned Master’s degree in Commerce from the University of Mumbai.
Yash Shah, CFA, FRM
Assistant Manager – Valuation Advisory Services
Areas of Focus: Business Valuations, IP Valuations, Transaction & Strategic Advisory
Yash has over 7 years of diverse experience in business valuation, transaction advisory services, and corporate finance across new economy and traditional sectors. Yash has executed numerous valuations and advisory assignments involving dispute, acquisition, fund raise, merger, IPO, financial reporting, intangible asset valuation, etc.
Prior to Aranca, Yash worked for Decimal Point Analytics as Research Analyst in Research team, where he used to do company/industry/economy profiling and write daily global market commentary for a UK-based brokerage firm.
Yash is a CFA Charterholder and FRM Charterholder. He has also done MBA in Finance from Mumbai University.
Vice President - Business Development
Dylan leads the business development initiatives for Aranca’s Valuation Advisory Practice and is based out of Palo Alto. He has extensive experience as a Business Development & Sales Professional and as a Startup Company Advisor. He has worked with Venture-Backed Companies, Mid-Market and the Fortune 100 companies.
His sales and business development experience includes over 5 years experience selling Cloud/SaaS Solutions, 15 years originating/selling Financing solutions and 6 years selling Professional Services.
His startup experience includes launching a Cloud based IP Law Firm Management Solution, a wine brand incubator and 2 SaaS startups and B2B exchanges. His experience also includes structuring venture lending to startups and managing a portfolio of 800 Venture Capital and Private Equity backed clients across social media, SaaS, cloud, big data, IoT, semiconductors, hardware, life science, medical devices and alternative energy domains.
He is also on the advisory board of ClearAccessIP.com (a cloud-based IP Law Firm Management Solution) and Grapeseedwine.com (a seed funded wine brand).
Mark Shifrin, ASA
Principal – Valuation Advisory
Mark manages Client Relations for Aranca’s Valuation Advisory Practice and is based out of Boston. He brings a wealth of experience in leading complex valuation assignments, building and managing rich relationships with clients and their advisors.
Shifrin has more than 16 years of diversified valuation experience providing a complete range of services to publicly-held and privately-owned companies in manufacturing, distribution and IT, including internet, software and biotechnology industries. He has held strategic positions in valuation practices of several leading accounting and valuation firms. Most recently, he was Managing Director for Brookline Valuation Services, a valuation firm he founded in 2014.
Mark earned his MBA from the F.W. Olin Graduate School of Business at Babson College and his bachelor’s degree in business administration from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. He is recognized as an Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) in Business Valuations by the American Society of Appraisers and has passed CFA Level I.
The need to survive often suppresses the desire to pursue dreams. It can’t be truer for most of the startups we see. When rubber h
What makes boutique professional services outfits valuable? The people who work at such firms. And, what can make acquisition of such professional services firms dubious?
Start-up CFOs are fast realizing how early stage 409A valuations completed by quick cookie cutter, ‘textbook’ approach often result in inflated option prices and disgruntled emp
Do we have a ticking time bomb on hand? The debate over whether Silicon Valley is sitting on another tech bubble rages on. It is
© 2016, Aranca. All rights reserved.
United States | United Kingdom | China | India | Dubai | KSA